Friday, June 14, 2013

(Almost) The Best Thing Since Sliced Bread: Tool Library



The Seaport Tool Library (or tool-lending libraries in general) are such a brilliant idea that it blows my mind. Why didn’t I think of this?  Probably because I was too busy looking around for it. They are a “library” where you can borrow all kinds of home improvement tools, whoozits, whatsits and ...”other” stuff. Such a great idea for those of us with limited storage space, who just can’t justify purchasing a large and/or expensive piece of equipment for one little project. 

Unfortunately, the one in NYC is not incredibly complete as the Boulder, CO ReSource Library pictured, and I couldn’t find that jig saw I was hoping to borrow. But just knowing this resource exists warms my heart.

Has anyone used one of these, in NYC or any other city?

No comments:

Post a Comment