Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Black Doors

One of the easiest and most rewarding things I have done since moving into my place is so simple that it is ridiculous how much apprehension went into it. Are you ready?

I painted the front door black.

I hear you laughing at me, so cut it out. It sounds like a trivial design choice, but gearing up to paint a door black can be incredibly intimidating. I’m here to tell you that you that it’s going to be OK. Black doors are gorgeous and elegant. Look:

via Elle Decor

It’s at least worth asking your landlord's permission about, no?



I used Benjamin Moore Impervex Latex High Gloss Enamel paint in Black and I’m very happy with it. I'm looking forward to painting the rest of the doors in the apartment as well, although that will be a much bigger job involving restoring the hardware by stripping off 134 layers of paint. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment