Sunday, February 17, 2013

Jewelry as Art

I never quite know what to do with jewelry. I’ve never been partial to keeping it in boxes because everything seems to get so tangled in there. It’s like a free for all, and good luck to you if you need to grab something in a hurry. 


I have seen jewelry stores with limited space come up with some amazing solutions to displaying their jewelry, including the use of frames on the wall. Many fill the frames with velvet or cork and hang items up on pins. Others have used branches or even antlers. I'm trying out a web of colorful string inside an empty frame to hold some earrings. 

Just attach some extra eye hooks to the back and web through some colorful string, keeping it as taut as possible.


It’s a temporary solution while I figure out a bigger and better plan, but it definitely reduces clutter and let's me see what I have so that I can actually wear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment