Sunday, February 10, 2013

Display as Storage



I often find myself thinking about the 80/20 closet rule. The rule says that you wear 20% of your clothing 80% of the time. On the one hand, that means you are really getting your money’s worth out of a few essential pieces (my rationale for investing in good basics). On the other hand, it also means that 80% of your clothing goes unworn 80% of the time. This part drives me a little crazy, because just thinking that the 80% is hanging there, being useless, makes me want to chuck it out the window. 

Before we go chucking things out the window and regretting it, let’s consider the possibility that at least some of that 80% goes unworn because we don’t SEE it. Out of sight, out of regular circulation. And if that’s the case, then these display as storage options are ingenious. Not only does displaying clothing or accessories let you see what you’re not wearing, but it provides additional storage outside of the closet (much needed for those of us with little closet space). I'm working on a way to incorporate my own based on these inspiring closets:




 

No comments:

Post a Comment